Lease the ICD Property for your Deer Hunt
Two parcels are leased each year on our 200 beautiful acres with a variety of natural habitats including woodland, prairie and wetland.
Select lease blocks are being offered at a reduced rate.
Click on the Lease Blocks tab below to see pricing.
Leases for deer hunting are available in 2-week blocks for the bow, gun and muzzleloader seasons.
Registration opens on Monday August 3, 2020
Leases will begin October 1, 2020 and end January 1, 2021.
There are 2 zones available for lease during each 2-week block. A maximum of 2 adult hunters will be permitted in each zone during each hunting period. Adult hunters may bring a youth hunter (under the age of 16) with them during their lease period. Encourage our next generation of outdoorsmen and outdoorswomen!
Leases will be issued for the following time periods:
- Archery: October 1 through October 14
- Archery: October 16 through October 29
- Archery: October 31 through November 13- South Zone
- Regular Firearm: November 14 through November 30
- Archery December 1 – December 15 (Muzzleloading Dec 6 – 22)
- Late Antlerless Firearm: December 23 through January 1 – North Zone
All Hunters must be listed on a fully paid lease and provide a copy of their hunting license and state identification to receive permission to hunt on Ingham Conservation District Property. Youth hunters will be required to provide proof of a completed hunter safety course.
Early and Late Hunting Lease Blocks are being offered for $300.00 each. See the Lease Blocks tab for specific dates. Leases between October 16, 2018 and November 30, 2018 are $500.00 each. Hunters may lease up to 2 blocks during early registration (August 1st through Mid September). Any remaining blocks will be leased at the ICD’s discretion. A $100.00 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your lease at the time you register.
- All hunters must abide by Michigan hunting rules and regulations*, including licensing.
- All hunters must follow Ingham Conservation District’s rules and guidelines.
- Blinds and stands are permitted provided they are constructed in a manner that does not damage the trees located on lease premises. No nails or spikes are allowed.
- Blinds and stands may be set up on the first day of the lease and must be removed by the last day of the lease (special permissions may be given on a case by case basis and must be cleared through Ingham Conservation District administrative staff)
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted outside of designated parking areas. In the event of a handicapped lessee, limited motorized access may be made available. This permission will be granted on a case by case basis and must be cleared through Ingham Conservation District administrative staff.
Please contact us if you have further questions at (517) 676-2290.
*Please note that Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) has been reported in Ingham County and Ingham is one of 16 counties in a CWD Management Zone. It is strongly recommended that all deer harvested in the county be tested. Baiting, feeding, lures and attractants are prohibited. For more information on CWD and new requirements visit the State of MI website.
The ICD is a host site for Pheasants Forever Hunter Safety Classes. Registration and Class Schedules are through Pheasants Forever’s Events page.